Our dispute resolution lawyers have a stand-out track record of succeeding for our clients in the most sensitive and complex litigation and dispute resolution cases.
We partner with our clients to manage risk and to avoid litigation wherever possible. When litigation is unavoidable, Renaissance focuses on the individual and commercial objectives of clients, while assessing legal, commercial and reputational risk. We analyse and negotiate weaknesses of opponents and devises optimum procedural tactics or creative settlement approaches.
Our lawyers settle disputes in the most appropriate manner, whether by mediation, adjudication or expert determination.
Our core expertise includes the following:
Property Litigation for landlords and tenants
- Ensuring that landlord clients can continue to receive an income stream from their property assets (residential or commercial) in the face of tenant problems and difficulties in the economic climate.
- Advising tenant clients on their remedies against their landlords for breach of the landlord’s covenants and on service charge disputes.
- Obtaining and defending possession of commercial and residential properties making use of the Court’s accelerated procedures where available.
- Optimising outcomes for landlords on various forms of (commercial) tenant insolvency (CVA, administration, liquidation).
- Resolving issues arising out of the renewal of commercial leases and dilapidation claims.
- Dealing with problems relating to rights of way and other easements (whether asserted or contested).
- In urgent cases, protecting the interests of clients by applying to the court for emergency injunctions.
- Assisting in the resolution of disputes between suppliers and their customers.
- Advising on breaches of contract.
- Pursuing claims for damages, specific performance and injunctive reliefs.
Contested Trusts and Probate
- Clear, concise assistance to executors and beneficiaries where the provisions of a will are disputed (Inheritance Act claims) or where the validity of the will itself is contested (Contested Probate).
- Clear and concise assistance to administrators and beneficiaries, where the deceased died without a will (intestate).
- Representation on behalf of beneficiaries or disappointed family members/dependants on all succession and inheritance disputes.
- Effective recovery of substantial sums owed to commercial clients and individuals.
- Providing concise legal advice and guidance to debtor and creditors.
- Representing debtors in collective insolvency proceedings such as Creditors Voluntary Agreement (CVA) Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA) and other informal arrangements.
- Assisting creditors with enforcement insolvency proceedings such as individual bankruptcy, liquidation, administration and LPA receivership.
- Providing preliminary advice to employees and employers.
- Acting on behalf of employers or employees in cases regarding unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and compromise (settlement) agreement.
- Providing guidance and advice on relevant ACAS guidelines.
- Guiding employers or employees through restraint of trade disputes.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients on court of protection (COP) applications.
- Representing clients in disputed court of protection hearings.
- Liaising with the relevant local authority and other bodies with the sole aim of achieving clients’ objectives.
- Making deprivation of liberty applications and challenging local authority standard or interim authorisations on behalf of clients.
- Providing continuous advisory services to clients.
- Guiding clients on relevant benefit applications and sorting out benefit appeals, where necessary.
General Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Providing preliminary advice to (potential) clients.
- Addressing client’s objectives and providing guidance on how best to proceed.
Talk to our team
Renaissance Solicitors LLP is happy to discuss available options regarding your litigation and dispute resolutions disputes.
Call our office on 020 8521 1100 to speak with a specialist.